Project Manager Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) (fulltime)
IHC Services, Rotterdam The Netherlands
As Project Manager Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) you will work in Royal IHC’s service division in the Asset Upgrade department. The goal of this department is to manage the execution of projects that are defined as those in which existing vessels or equipment will be upgraded or changed, and where two or more Royal IHC organisations or units are involved. As Project Manager E&I, you will be responsible for the integration of main systems on our vessels, specifications and demarcations of electrical systems for requesting, contracting, and delivering projects in time, of specified quality and in the budget. You will also assess supplier offers on a technical and financial level and coordinate between suppliers concerning the electrical system integration. Further, you will take care of generated documents, verify delivered documents, identify imperfections and escalate significant bottlenecks in a timely way.
As Project Manager Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I), you will attend FATs, lead a project team of supervisors, subcontractors and (lead) engineers, and will be a full-fledged partner in customer consultations where it concerns electrical installations and system integration onboard. In case of deviations from the specifications, you advise the Project Director regarding time, money and quality.
To be eligible for the role of Project Manager Electrical and Instrumentation (E&I) you must have the following profile. If you do not meet all the requirements but at least the EU and educational and a number of other requirements, we invite you to respond to this vacancy.
- higher educational background at least three years of experience in a similar function within the shipbuilding and or repair industry
- experience in the know-how of ship electrical systems; power and alarm systems, single lines, block diagrams, cable lists, connection diagrams, generators, e-motors, mid-voltage/low-voltage, lay-out and way of functioning
- familiar with subcontracting and cooperation (models) in shipbuilding and repair, managing these subcontracts and making sure agreements are made, recorded and followed-up
- familiar with the physical installation process of electrical systems, cable trays in sections, painting, cable pulling, connections, etc.
- experience with electrical and instrumentation (E&I) related interpretations of specs and demarcations that are made by different parties in-line with ‘best for the contract’.
- experience with (functional) leading a project team of supervisors, subcontractors and (lead) engineers,
- able to check and advise on planning from electrical and instrumentation (E&I) point of view on logic and completeness for contracted scope (design and build contract)
- up to date knowledge of relevant regulations (Lloyds, BV, DNV GL, etc.)
- courageous communicator, ability to work efficiently and smoothly in a complex, international work environment
- positive pro-active mentality with a natural attitude for cooperation and teamwork.
Please note, only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered for the role. An online assessment and screening may form part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC offers a challenging full-time job within a successful and dynamic company with a reputation for being a worldwide leader in technological innovation. In addition, we offer you a competitive salary, professional development opportunities, travel allowance, profit share, pension allowance, training courses and at least 40 days of leave per year.
About IHC Services
IHC Services is the global market leader in the construction of tools at sea and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore and dredging ships and equipment. IHC Services’ core mission is to be the preferred supplier for all services relating to the offshore, dredging and mining industry. From the head office in The Netherlands and with employees working from sites and offices on a global basis, we’re able to ensure a local presence and support for customers on every continent. We offer 24/7 Service worldwide and services typically include Repair, Rental, Renovation, Condition Based Services, Feasibility studies, Life Cycle Engineering, Parts & Logistics and Training & Consultancy. With our commitment to technological innovation, in which sustainability and safety are key, we strive to continuously meet the specific needs of each customer in a rapidly evolving world. For more information please check www.royalihc.com/en/services
IHC Services is part of Royal IHC (IHC), the global market leader in the construction of specialized ships for wet mining and dredging activities, and an important player in the field of complex custom-built offshore ships. However, we do not stop there. For every ship, we also develop advanced equipment that is integrated seamlessly. In addition, we offer life-cycle support to our customers, which is available worldwide and for the lifetime of our products. If you look at our customer base, you will find prominent dredging companies, oil and gas conglomerates, offshore contractors and national governments. With offices worldwide, IHC has an international orientation. Today we have 3,000 colleagues working in various locations across The Netherlands and overseas. For more information about Royal IHC please check www.royalihc.com.
Are you interested in the position and do you recognise yourself in the job description? Please respond directly via the ‘Apply’button. For more information about Royal IHC, the vacancy and the application process, please visit www.royalihc.com or call the Recruitment department on +31 (0)88-015 4444.
Please note, that only candidates with a valid EU work visa will be considered as viable candidates. An online assessment and screening form part of the recruitment process.
Royal IHC does not approve of commercial, contractor and/or agency acquisition or commercial use of this advertisement. Proposing candidates without invitation is not appreciated and will not be considered by Royal HC.